Falcon Africa Safaris’ Background
Founded in 1990 by Allan Eccles, Falcon Africa Safaris has been successfully owner-run and managed since its inception.
Falcon Africa Safaris was one of the first Tour Operators into Zanzibar, and played an integral part in putting Zanzibar on the map in South Africa in the early 1990’s, taking the first journalists over to the Spice Island.
Madagascar was an unknown destination to most South Africans – that is, until Falcon Africa Safaris started marketing Madagascar way back in 1991.
Falcon Africa Safaris arranged one of the first Mount Kilimanjaro commercial climbs for South Africans.
Since the early 1990’s, Falcon Africa Safaris has been forming solid partnerships across Southern and East Africa.
For your peace of mind
Falcon Africa Safaris is bonded with SATSA – the Southern Africa Tourism Services Association. We are a long-time ‘Member in Good Standing’ with SATSA. Allan Eccles served on the SATSA Gauteng Committee for a number of years, and was Chairman of the SATSA Gauteng Chapter.
So why Falcon Africa Safaris?
Simply put – We Know the Territory
- You want to climb Mt Kilimanjaro? We’ve personally climbed it a number of times.
- Gorilla trekking? We’ve sat with gorilla and chimp families, and watched these magnificent primates
- Wildebeest Migration? Been there. Done that, in both the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. We’ve been with small groups and we’ve taken larger ones too.
- Horse riding in the Okavango? We’ve crossed the Delta on horse back
- Black rhinos? We have tracked Black rhinos in a ‘now-lost’ wilderness area of Zimbabwe
- White water rafting on the Zambezi river? We’ve crossed Lake Kariba in a houseboat and canoed the lower Zambezi into Mozambique
- Done a spice tour on Zanzibar? Yes, and we can tell you the names of the most common and more exotic spices found there
- What about island hopping in the Seychelles? Of course! Can you think of a better place to pass the time relaxing on beautiful beaches? We’ve also been more energetic and run the northern stretch of the Mahe coastline in the Seychelles Marathon
- Found lemurs in the rainforests of Madagascar? Tick. And we’ve used a float plane to access an off-shore island paradise
We’ve got it covered, and can offer you expert advice, professional service and well-executed travel arrangements.
And the cherry on the top? We are African – born and bred.
You are booking your African adventure with the people that know the area best. We’ve grown up in Africa, lived and travelled extensively in various parts of Africa, and have a deep, personal knowledge of our part of the world. Our love for Africa – its landscapes, its wildlife and its people – is indelibly etched in our hearts, and we want to pass this love of Africa on to you.